December 13, 2004

How to find cheap gas prices in your city

GasBuddy.com - Find cheap gas prices in your city "170 gas price information web sites that help consumers find low gasoline prices."

I just found out about this site, and I'm intrigued enough to try it out for a while. It looks to be a grass-roots, non-profit effort to disseminate gas prices on a timely basis.

The first site that had this functionality was MSN, believe it or not. But they never had any information about my area, and as far as I can tell, they still don't have much of a database.

GasBuddy on the other hand has prices listed for 7 gas stations in my hometown alone. The gasbuddy.com site itself seems to just be a gateway and jumping off point for the 170 individual sites (texasgasprices.com, bostongasprices.com, etc.) that actually list the prices in their respective areas.

I'll be keeping an eye out to see if the prices are up to date. As a grass-roots effort with what seems to be a vibrant community, I would assume that they will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you happen to be travelling in Canada, here is a similar site that tracks the price of gas in Canadian cities:
http://www.gasticker.com